Thread: No Quest Detail
View Single Post
07-25-16, 07:28 AM   #11
Scorpmatt
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Thrumbar View Post
BetterItemCount died around WoW 3.0..

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmos_(AddOn)

It was part of the Cosmos (AddOn) and the www page it ran from is gone..

Thrumbar
Yeah it was pretty old. Here is the page I just found for it. http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/project-347/

Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
Thanks for your reply. My theory with BetterItemCount is that it is outdated and no longer being developed since I couldn't find it anywhere. Carbonite's inclusion in the error just shows that the mods aren't playing nice together. My suggestion is to scrap BetterItemCount and find another addon that can replace it if you really like what it offers. If the author could be located, he or she would know how to fix the error on his or her end.

As far as Carbonite's lag, you can go into Carbonite's quest module options and limit what quest ranges it will load. This will help a little. If you play multiple alts, you can set up profiles for each alt in Carbonite. If you do this, don't let Carbonite reload your UI when setting profiles. It will reset Carbonite to its default settings. Just cancel out of the reload popup and log out/log in manually to get the profile to stick.

In my experience as one with a low-end computer who uses all but one of the modules, the logon lag isn't as bad for me as before the patch after adjusting my graphics settings and removing several other addons I never really used much.

I wish I could give you a better answer for dealing with the lag on login, but for what Carbonite offers I believe it is worth the wait.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Thrumbar for confirming that.
The logon on lag is ok I guess, it's been around since at least patch 6.2.0 and probably before that. I've tried dropping all my graphics settings to lowest and there is no change.

One last thing, I did notice that when a new quest appears in my quest list, it flashes a "new", that will cause the game to run choppily. Again, I've lowered all my graphics settings to lowest and only had Carbonite running...