View Single Post
05-21-10, 04:39 PM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by orionshock View Post
My take is quite simple, the RealID system was developed for friends IRL that play on blizzard's games. if your not friends IRL, then why would you give them your email to use on the RealID system and then authorise them to be added?

Personally, I'd prefer they keep the system setup the way it is. Force people to own up to their name and their actions. It is time to grow a pair when it comes to dealing with the Internet. The webernets is not a park ride, it's NY City. Stay out of the bad parts.
Force people to own up to their name and their actions? LOL

Some of us have been around since the BBS days, and we're quite grown up and know very well how to "stay out of the bad parts". It's why we're complaining about the way Blizz is doing this to begin with!

If EQ could do it with the messenger system they had (where the only info anyone ever got was your in game character name), then so can Blizzard. This is a bad, bad move on Blizzards part.

Until they change this so we can have privacy, I won't be getting involved with it.

Last edited by Petrah : 05-21-10 at 04:41 PM.