View Single Post
05-21-10, 10:29 PM   #15
datahedron
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mankeluvsit View Post
you're only worried about being anonymous if you have something to hide.
what can they do with your name? squat.
i can understand the email part because of hackers. my email is linked to everything i use so that would be a bad thing for me if i was ever hacked [:
as it is now, it is not required to use real id, so its your choice.
It would appear you have never been hacked or cyberstalked. Anyone who knows your first and last name, and that you play WoW, and one, maybe two more details, can acquire a MASSIVE amount of other information on you. The way it's implemented right now, too much is being put out in the public domain without any control. Why prevent us from simply having a bank alt that doesn't show up? (I hate logging on before work to check my AH toon, and being bombarded with requests to come tank such and such an instance. Makes me feel guilty when I have to turn down my friends, so I usually keep my AH toon name to myself..)
Besides, you need your FULL BNET email to "friend" anyone, and that's half of the base login info for your account. With Blizz being so concerned about account privacy, why the heck would they use this? It would be much simpler, and safer, to simply use a BNET alias instead. Even with an authenticator, I'm not giving out my email to anyone...

Originally Posted by dafire View Post
The RealID system is for real friends... so I think it is fine.
However, the system as currently advertised does not allow for the very real possiblity that your RL friends have poor judgement. The "Friends of Friends" system is totally unneeded. Besides, my RL friends can already contact me via phone, email, text, FB, or YIM. Why make another system that does the same thing?