View Single Post
10-09-13, 06:17 PM   #5
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Question Should a new thread be created for quest coordinate updates?

This thread looks like the best place for me to ask my question since it deals generally with coordinate updates.

Since I have edited the Quests81-85.lua file to show the proper coordinates for a couple of quests in Mount Hyjal, should I post the new code for Rythal to decide if it should be included in the next update? If so, where would be the best place to post it, . . . a new thread maybe?

I have posted the individual corrections in this thread, http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=48235. It will give you an idea of what quests I have updated.

I also changed the coordinates to the quests "Relieving the Pain" and "The Protectors of Hyjal" to give players a "safer" place to land before attacking the invaders in Sethria's Roost. In its present form, players will land close enough to possibly draw aggro before their helpers land and dismount. I moved the coordinates closer to the tunnel entrance where players are sent the first time they go there with the little Night Elf Rogue.

Update:
I attempted to start a new Quests Update thread so I could post the updated code of the Quests81-85.lua file, but couldn't even preview the post let alone post it. I tried this on two different browsers without success. So I assume that since I am new and not an author or compiler, I do not have permission to do that. I'm ok with that.

Anyway, if you want the corrections and changes I made to the the quests I corrected except the coordinate changes I made to "Relieving the Pain" and "The Protectors of Hyjal", they are in my original post I cited above.

I appreciate the opportunity to contribute where I can.

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 10-12-13 at 02:53 PM. Reason: added info on failure to post new code for Quests81-85.lua