View Single Post
11-28-13, 07:53 PM   #2
Goldpaw
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi there!

I ran into some problems trying to use this method today. This is on the 5.4.1 client patch.

The fading of the raidframe manager and its button worked perfectly. Taint free, functional in combat, and totally awesome. The problem was that the raidframes too faded, while their backdrops remained visible. My intention was of course to have the frames wholly visible (or hidden as decided by the user), while having the raidframe manager button only visible on hover.

So I tried parenting the CompactRaidFrameContainer which is the parent of all the compact raidframes to UIParent to prevent it from being a slave to the fade animation, and it appears to be working so far. No taints or bugs, and I tested it in a few Battlegrounds where people frequently come and go during combat.

The issue doesn't appear to affect the compact party frames, as they are already parented to UIParent.

Anyway, hope this addition is of help to whomever sees it, and keep up the awesome work, Zork. Your addons are a true inspiration!

lua Code:
  1. -- prevent the frames themselves from fading out
  2.     local crfc = _G["CompactRaidFrameContainer"]
  3.     crfc:SetParent(UIParent)