View Single Post
09-17-12, 09:05 PM   #31
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
@Faatal

If you're frustrated at having to develop carbonite and want to sit around complaining all day and hating your life because you have to maintain this profitless product then stop doing it, release the licence and quit being stingy. Here you are going on about god and church but you sure aren't acting like a christian should. LOL WHAT IS SHARING????????? If there's anything I dislike more than religious zealots, it's religious zealots who are also hypocrites. You don't need the head ache, clearly, and the project isn't making you any money, so why risk it being burried and dead, open it up so Rythal doesn't have to start from scratch. your product will live on! If you don't, Rythal's will be developed, it will be better, it will be open source, and openly maintained more readily than yours and yours WILL DIE and be forgotten. Wow only has a few years left in it to begin with though, so maybe you don't care. It's clear you're bitter though, so maybe you do care, but in the wrong way. maybe it's spite that drives you to act as you do. either way, RUMA can't come soon enough.

inb4 he blames the other people on the project for not wanting to release it to open source.
First of all, stop assuming things - such as Fataal is Christian. Lots of religions go to church and believe in God. Second, you are assuming he's getting headaches from this, I'm sure he gets some when he visits the forums and sees posts like yours - but I'm also sure he can derive some pleasure in knowing that it is *their* (is everyone forgetting the fact that there are two other people in this partnership that created Carbonite) addon and it has and still does bring plenty of happiness to people like myself who (still) enjoy using it. I'm also pretty confident in the fact that Fataal is not "hating his life" because of the addon, those are some pretty stretched assumptions to make.

I'm sure that the Carbonite team wishes the best to Rythal in his own creation. I know I do and I hope it comes out as quickly as everyone wants it. It is not clear that the addon authors are "bitter" it is an inference you make on your own interpretation. I would dare say that Fataal could be very well miffed over all that is said in the forums (I know I would be), but I certainly couldn't say it is clear.

I tend to agree with you, WoW is at it's end life and RUMA can't come fast enough. Hopefully it'll be able to replace 90% (I'm hoping for more) of what Carbonite is and does, so we don't need 10 different addons that have already been created to do the 20-25% of what Carbonite does. Lastly, I have no idea what your last sentence meant. Fataal has never directly implied that the others do not want to or he does not want to release it to the public - it is Carbonite that has said they, at this time, do not want to release it to the public or anyone else working on their addon.