View Single Post
11-21-10, 07:00 PM   #6
Gangbanger
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by sevti View Post
Power Auras has the Gears of War graphics that would come up as you were damaged and killed, so you could set that up to show when you're at low health and such.

I don't know of a separate addon intended for this, though.
Did not think of that. Even a nice heartbeat sound for when really low, but just messing around with it for a bit I couldn't get them to not overlap. As in I could set the health thresholds but the graphics would then overlap each other and it didn't look smooth.

Originally Posted by v6o View Post
I borrowed the textures from that addon you mentioned and made a funny "splatter" health addon quite some time back. Never released it or anything but I guess you could look at this.

You will need to open the .lua file and edit it yourself... I kind of went overboard with the number of "splats" before i just trashed it

Also included an image now.. Yes... bit insane with 100x textures (one per percent)
Hah, that is an insane amount of blood. As for editing .lua though I'm clueless and lazy.

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
There was an addon on curse called BloodyScreen iirc a long time ago. Not sure if it's been updated.
Yes, that's the one I mentioned in my OP. I'd love something similar only the splattering of blood when the player was crit'd against, or received large amounts of damage, et cetera.

Oh well, just thought I'd throw it out here. Going to see if I can get the GoW images on Power Auras to work right. It's not something really needed, just after playing so many FPS games with it I've become more used to that then checking my healthbar no matter where it is. And I did like that bloodyscreen effect back when.