View Single Post
10-01-12, 12:05 PM   #26
antiquada
A Fallenroot Satyr
Carbonite Nodes

I am so happy this has all turned out as well as it seems to have turned out. I have been using Carbonite for over 5 years and I really really start getting jittery when it doesn't work. I just can't imagine playing without it.
I was under the impression that years ago the Carbonite nodes locations (herbs, ore, etc) were culled from Wowhead's database. Kinda like the addon Lightheaded pulls quest info and comments (I know it's not automatic and that the addon author has to manually update it).

When we would get a new version or update of Carbonite over the years I would go into the Carbonite's options menu and import the new node info. Not sure if that's how it is still working but I really would like to put in my 2 cents for the node functionality as it has really helped me make tons of gold and helped me equip my 10 level 85's.
A huge thanks to the original authors for creating the best addon I have ever used and letting it continue to live on even though they don't play anymore. If there were two addons I can't play without they would be Auctioneer and Carbonite.

P.S. Wouldn't pulling Wowheads quest info database (without user comments) at regular intervals and populating Carbonite with that quest info be a way to keep the internal quest database updated. I think Cladhaire of Lightheaded says that Wowhead just wanted acknowledgement that the data came from them and and it can be used.