View Single Post
05-20-09, 10:39 AM   #246
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by LittleWhiteDove View Post
I read in other posts the WoW Matrix actually goes into the Blizzard file that contains information such as my user name, if I have Wow set to remember it. If this is true then my question is simple.

If they can access that file are they then not accessing the file that I use to enter my password and therefore are they possibly the people responsible for all the hacked WoW accounts?
The config.wtf file does not save your password for obvious reasons, only the username and that's only if you've set the relevant option to remember it. Afaik, the password isn't being saved or kept anywhere in the client, so unless the security of your computer has been compromised by any other means, you should be fine. As a general rule of thumb though I would never trust any other (3rd party) program, launching the client for you.

As for the rest, I see no reason to lock the thread despite the fact that it has derailed on numerous occasions, so I'll simply remind everyone to stay on topic, keep it nice and cool and avoid personal insults. All in all respect the rules and try to have a meaningful and productive discussion.