Thread: Dual-display
View Single Post
10-21-09, 04:32 AM   #9
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Well... I have a dual display setup now, but for the life of me, I can't seem to convince WoW to display on more than one monitor. The only solution I've found is to play in Windowed mode and increase the width of the window to cover both displays, however, WoW insists on preserving the aspect ratio of the window
Sounds more like a limitation of Windows/DX.

IIRC the default or inbuild drivers of windows treat both screens as 1 huge area anyway. Drivers can "split" the screen and tell apps/windows to "max" only on 1 monitor, not the entire screen. (monitor in this case does not equal screen(size))

Games/programs need be programmed specifically to use 2 screens in the way you want. For example in excell you cannot easily set it to use both screens but show 2 different projects maxed one on each monitor in the same instance of Excell, you have to adjust each project in excell manually (See screenie for what I mean).

I suppose in case of WoW you need to adjust the viewport (or whatever Duality* is doing) and play around with that but that would only work in windowed mode I guess, I don't think any mod can change that.. Well not while the game is allready started, so you'd need to mod the game before it starts.

Otherwise maybe there is something you can set in the config.wtf but I kinda doubt that. (You would need to make wow aware there's another screen res, ie if you have 2 1280*1024 screens wow needs to know there is a 2560*1024 resolution tho I doubt that's going to be of any use)

* I think Duality only supports 1 monitor as well in full screen, just divides the screen. The screenshots might be "window mode but "full" screen)

/edit

http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info14943-rFov.html is maybe interesting for you, tho maybe not for this thread subject
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Excellexample.JPG
Views:	1079
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	3510  

Last edited by Seer : 10-21-09 at 03:56 PM.