Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
MobMap

(too short)
Read the question first...

Anyway, like has already been said, it's not directly possible, intentionally. The best you can do is estimate where it might be, but even that is difficult as you only have a set of bracketed ranges you can use, and on top of that, it could be anywhere within that radius (you don't have to be facing something for it to be in range). Thus, even though you see the mining nodes far before you actually get to them, gatherer will not record it until you've tapped it, for the sole reason that it is far too unpredictable otherwise.

Originally Posted by thermitesnipes
I have but I wish to artificially create a coord system for instances based on a 100x100 square with a overlay map and a position based on where you start in the instance and how you move. as for the mobs being detected, I suppose you cant unless you apply a variable for "player" to read as Mob name but I dunno. Pooey.
The reason this hasn't already been done is because it's impossible. There is no system for getting any coordinates; you can't tell "how you move." If you tried to use that function, it would return nil in an instance.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/