View Single Post
09-10-12, 08:42 AM   #9
kittykatmax
A Fallenroot Satyr

Well, that's disappointing. Saw there was an official update and thought I'd check to see if my fears that it would be same old, same old (bandaid on a gushing wound) were valid - and it sounds like they are.

I stumbled across what Rythal was doing (had given up on Carbonite during early Wrath because of how it impacted game stability), and had high hopes the Carbonite author(s) would either hand Carbonite over to him - or better yet work WITH him. Carbonite was well overdue for some real attention and repair under the hood, and it was finally getting it. It is truly depressing to realize the Carbonite author would rather offer buggy garbage (that I for one will skip AGAIN, tyvm) in hopes of getting (undeserved) donations than have assistance and restore Carbonite to its former glory. Hell, Rythal was all for the Carbonite owner getting money for his (Rythal's) work so what did the author have to lose?

I would gladly donate for a solid Carbonite experience. If the Carbonite author worked with Rythal to truly rejuvenite and repair (not half-assedly patch) what was once an amazing addon, I would donate - I was a happying paying customer back before Blizzard banned the practice and gladly donated afterwards.

Regardless of this official "update", we have been essentially shown that Carbonite is dead.