View Single Post
05-14-09, 05:27 AM   #19
Malsis
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Firsty, I'll add my support for the idea of getting reminders for donations etc.

I'll be making donations equivalent to the subscription when my current one runs out. Carbonite is worth it. same with Nui.

Now, to address the complaints that there has been a slowdown in feature additions..
Yes, there may have been less updates recently. One good reason is that as time goes on, bugs get fixed so updates are less frequent.

Once every quest in the game is in the database, you won't see updates that add quests, obviously. and so forth.

As to donations required for voting, I think that going from a subscription model to a donation model must have reduced the income of developers considerably. I expect some brainstorming went on to try and come up with ways to encourage people to donate. I suppose people just feel smug that they can get this added functionality for free now. So, yes, I understand that you have to come up with ideas to get people to donate, and this isn't a bad one at all.

Personally, I think blizzard should have left the situation alone. I mean no one FORCED people use use the pay-for addons did they? They're not essential to game play, and they don't confer an unfair advantage on people who use them as opposed to people who don't. So what was Blizzards beef?

Smacks of "No one can make money out of WoW except Blizzard" doesn't it?

Bazz