View Single Post
08-21-12, 11:08 AM   #19
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
you won't get a fan update that doesn't require additional addons, not without tearing apart the entire thing and redoing parts from scratch which would make it no longer just a fan update.

Unless someone is willing to put a crapload more work into it... I'll try to explain why for just one aspect of it,

Carb is from before blizz had it's own quest tracking / hints, so every quest that you can get the little arrow on screen telling you where to go, is registered and known by the addon... those not known, won't give you the arrow. The information for the quests is encoded in some way only they the creators know

"4Sharptalon's Claw%:6####",nil,"#$( 9^Õ@^Í",} is how one quest looks to us when we view it, and I dunno about any of you but to me it's mostly jibberish. Now, blizz has it's own tracking, and it works very well, and addons can access the information... so in theory carbonites tracking could be hooked into all that and use it instead of it's internal database which would mean instant working for pandaria, but at the loss of knowing what quests in each zone you have finished / not finished.

The reason I used the real tomtom in my fixed version, was because it can't track any quests not in it's internal database.. it just gives you an error which i'm sure most of us have seen saying that quest or objective is unknown. So instead, carbonite displays my quests & objectives as it always has, but tomtom does the tracking for me since it uses the internal game information I mentioned above.