View Single Post
05-02-20, 11:31 PM   #1
save-disk
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon help for a newbie

Hey there! I'm making a little homebrew addon for just my friends and I that reminds you to refresh a particular buff before it runs out. I have a basic understanding of coding but im not really a coder so forgive if it's a pretty basic question.

I've got most of it working but the part of it that's confusing me is this: When you get a popup ingame that warns you your buffs about to run out, you can press refresh or cancel - when pressing refresh I need it to cast that particular spell (reflecting prism) on a party target. As far as my understanding goes, I need the safe button template to access the macro or use item/spell commands, but how to use that in the context of this popup window I just can't figure out.

An example of this is CrossRP, which allows users to refresh their elixir of tongues once receiving the warning it's about to run out. I read through the code for this extension but it just looked like magic to me.

Would someone mind explaining in simple terms how this works? Thank you very much for your time.