View Single Post
06-16-21, 04:30 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Good forward planning. However, based on the api differences between Classic and TBC Classic, the addon may not be 'ready' when the next Classic version comes out as that will likely have a different API base.

If memory serves ...
Classic > Legion 7.x API with Classic related changes
TBC Classic > BfA 8.x API with TBC related changes

Meaning the likely chance that ..
WotLK Classic > Shadowlands 9.x API with WotLK related changes
Cataclysm Classic > 10.x API ...
etc

As to your problem at hand, I unfortunately cannot help with that as I don't use any of the Ace libraries.

However, my understanding of Defaults would be that the active table would first be filled with the default values and then your code would make any necessary changes .. ie, if they deleted option 7 then move option 8 to be option 7. If they set option 7 to a specific value, handle the list as a whole so that it contained the items expected in the right order. Ace may not have these actions set up as how they need to be handled may be different per addon. They likely just set up the ability to action things as they change.

Originally Posted by Srzm View Post
Thank you for your reply.

That's right. Im hoping that after TBC Classic now WotLk Classic then will follow. And when it launches, I want my addon to be ready.

However, I can fully understand if that hurts the rules. I edited the TOC file, the minimal addon reproducing the problem posted above should be compatible with TBC Classic since I'm not using methods of the WOW API and the stats are all there in TBC as well.

Hope that sets things right without hurting any rules.

Thanks in advance!
Srzm