Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
12-13-14, 12:40 PM   #813
brownmit
A Murloc Raider
A couple of relatively minor issues.

I am a long time Carbonite user and I'm thrilled to see how this has been progressing. I wish I knew more about LUA. At any rate, I wanted to note a couple of issues I've had. These are very minor, and I LOVE having the maps back!
  1. Quest Icons. I see this specifically on the garrison stable quests. After completing the quest, the icon is no longer usable but it doesn't go away and just sits there until I reload UI.
  2. TomTom emulation isn't working quite right. When leveling I tend to use the wow-pro addon - www.wow-pro.com/addon - and it works with TomTom just fine, but when I run it with Carbonite with TomTom emulation enabled, all the waypoints are off - usually in the middle of the ocean off Kalimdor.
  3. I also use LightHeaded off WowInterface. This is written by the author of TomTom. Its a simple yet awesome database of wowhead comments imported into the game for quests. Earlier in the Carbonite-WOD development they worked fine together, and still do, sort of. After an update a couple of weeks ago, LightHeaded takes forever to load now. I have no idea why. What would really be nifty instead of fixing the two working together, would be to simply add the Wowhead quest comments to the Carbonite quest data...

Last edited by brownmit : 12-13-14 at 12:44 PM.