View Single Post
12-16-09, 10:47 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use the mx518 as well and the same mouse pad Yhor uses. For the same reasons too. Most mats, even the "coated" ones will begin to flex and curl up after a time. The rocketfish aluminum one stays where you want it. It's double sided (one side has a slightly rougher texture, or the control side, than the other which is the speed side) and generous in size. Rocketfish is a best buy in-house brand so you'll have to head to one of their stores to check it out.

Ive used an mx518 for about 7 years now. Bought it when i picked up a computer 7 years ago, used it until it was dead (buttons were getting unreliable and the glide feet fell off) and replaced it with the "updated" version which is essentially identical with larger feet on it that don't get caught on every edge and get ripped off. Works well with addons like clique and so on as well.

Ive tired the hardcore gaming mice and while they are rather nice I personally didn't have a need for something like that. They seem rather overpriced just because of it being billed for gaming.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor