View Single Post
01-13-10, 01:41 AM   #1
arkady25
A Defias Bandit
4 days with nUI and what i've found

I'm new to nUI so some of these problems/suggestions/pet peeves might be answered somewhere else or fixed in the most recent version (just installed tonight). Overall I love the addon

1. Proffesor Putricide - attmepts remaining runs off screen
2. Gun Ship Battle - HP bars of the boats get shoved off screen below the mini map. The hud doesn't change while mounted in a gun so displays useless info like your hp/mp instead of heat charges. It does show your gun as a 'pet'. So really tiny and kinda anyoing to keep an eye on while watching other stuff.
3. Flame Laviathan - After dismounting hot keys get messed up and macros don't work. (might be a boomkin problem)
4. Chat bars - In order to have enough chat to make it useful the font needs to be set at microscopic. 2 fixes i've found, A) Increase the font size so you only see about 3 lines. B) Enlarge the font box vertically to cover up all your buffs. Please make the chat screen wider.
5. Target debuffs/castbar/lattency - Please have a quartz like option. The bar system quartz uses is easier to view at a glance, the lattency cast bar is easier seen in prefferal vision. I feel i need to stare at this tiny blue lattency bar with a 28in monitor.
6. Fading out abilities. Please have an option to turn this off. Some abilities are being faded out even though they are usuable. Best example of this would be druids battle res w/ glyph will shadow it out because it "needs" a reagent.
7. An easy way to move an individual action bar to wherever you wanted would be nice.
8. Raid frames. It would be nice to have all the raid frames together and the map somewhere else (disabled maybe) while in groups. The current layout for the raid frames takes up more space to click between than the standard blizzard frames. It would also be nice if debuffs could be bigger, or maybe just specific ones like penetrating cold or the saurfang debuff.
9. The bar at the top. Many times i have clicked up there to try and target a mob only to get my achievement panel in my face instead. Is it possible to have that as a pull out side bar similiar to what there is for auctioneer or maybe the same as the minimap button bag.
10. Changing rep bars small pet peeve here. If you have a bar that is say 3/4 full and change to a bar that is 1/2 full the missing quarter will look "burned" into your screen.
11. A place for debuffs. There might be somewhere i'm not looking. It seems that debuffs are only shown on your postage stamp sized portriat or with a HUD up. It would be nice to not have to have a HUD up to see if i get a curse of blow up the raid in 10sec.
12. Simple Hud. I kinda love it. Do the bars mean anything? It would be nice if the bars were of you MP/Rage/Energy on the left and bosses MP/Rage/Energy on the right since HP is already shown with the pointers.
13. Group sort seems broken. On this point also priest spell Prayer of Healing heals an entire party. It would be nice to easily see all 5 players in a group in some organised fashion. It seems even if raid sort worked it would still show groups of 4 not 5 as would be ideal.

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text. Still love the addon. Would love to see it get better