View Single Post
07-21-12, 10:34 AM   #128
TSquared
Big Daddy!
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
No, this is new. The problem is I only saw behind the scenes when pet battles fired lua errors, these were not a part of the default interface, like FrameXML, GlueXML and so forth. There was no source file, only variables (and they were nowhere to be found in the current interface folder either). Now they seem to be fixed, and I have no screenshots, and I can't find any notes containing these specific errors. So all I can say is that it's something new they are doing. I was hoping someone else also played beta and saw these errors during pet battles, am I alone here noticing this?
OK, I think I know the confusion. The errors you saw were in the pat battle spell scripts as Meorawr mentioned. Not the pet battle UI. WoW uses lua for all scripting, not just UI. In fact lua was used for the UI after it was decided to use it for spell scripts. Pet battles is different in that the spell scripts are on the client and not the server, but it's not UI code and certainly shouldn't be exposed to outside "playing".

It's true that some UI is on the c side. But those are rare cases. Usually from the early days when WoW was trying to hide data from players (item/spell tooltips), or do to not want to expose too much position information to help fight bots (namplates, floating combat text).

On a slightly separate note: the blizzard addons in the addon UI in the glue screens is just a development issue. New features always show up there during PTR or Beta testing. It will be fixed before launch.