Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
11-06-14, 03:17 AM   #177
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Look at this Rythal this guy made self fixes to Carbonite: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50315. And on 6.0.3 BG maps works fine (i think most of Carbonite with this fixes works fine), maybe this will help u
It won't, it's just id and continent things since Carbonite originally use a four-digit number to represent a zone, and it check the first digit (math.floor(zoneID / 1000)) to tell which zone is on which continent.

But the old system has a weak point that it cannot handle duplicate zone names, unfortunately we have two "Shadowmoon Valley"s in WOD, so Rythal decide to use "Real" mapIDs instead of custom numbers.

Now the problem is, as far as I can see, the code on github, lack the funtional parts to check continent data of zones(BGs are former begins with number 9 but now it varies), I patched one of them and it works fine but still have much to do such as the "Minimap Blocks" and map "MID"s and so on. All funtions related to zone-continent things need to be rewritten.

...and I blame this on Blizzard.

Just look all the expansions after WLK:
vanilla world -> outland -> northrend -> vanilla world REBORN! -> outland REBORN!
So we are going to have a northrend REBORN! in 7.0? Lame!