View Single Post
09-15-15, 07:30 PM   #5
tgfamily
A Kobold Labourer
My particular problem of not finding the addon button on the character screen came about when transferring the World of Warcraft folder to a new computer C:\WorldofWarcraft .

For some reason (when I started the game via the launcher) the launcher decided that it needed to drag the entire game down from Battlenet. I let it, which was probably a mistake.

Unbeknownst to me a new launcher application was downloaded with default settings for where installs should be loaded to and where the wow executable should be picked up from.

The default location was C:\Program files (x86)\ and by default it created a folder named Battlenet.

Once I changed those settings (there are 2; Default Install Directory and World Of Warcraft under the Game Install/Update tab) to be C:\WorldofWarcraft the addon directory could be found and the button appeared.

I suspect its just the 'World of Warcraft' directory that needs changing as I have another computer still pointing Default Install Directory to c:\programs (x86) and its working fine.