View Single Post
08-26-17, 04:50 PM   #35
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
(Spanish)

Alright, I think this thread has run its course. It started out well, but isn't going anywhere productive any longer.

As a side note (to all reading, present and future)...

Everyone has the right to publish the addons they create - be them wonderful specimens of code or horrible amalgamations. Everyone has the right to ask questions to help with the learning process - in perfect or broken English, or just with what Google Translate gives them. Everyone has the right to offer criticism of these addons. Everyone has the right to accept or ignore said help or criticism.

But most importantly, everyone has to follow the site rules (of this, or any other site they are on).

When someone is rude with their criticism, that's plain rude and uncalled for. Depending on the site involved, it may be overlooked or it may be dealt with. When you are on the receiving end of rude criticism, you then have a choice of how you handle it. Of course you are allowed to feel hurt or disappointment. You are human. But you still have a choice to how you deal with it.

Following someone around the internet, harassing them, swearing at and offending all involved, believing that there is a conspiracy out to get you, and making threats about doxxing someone or harming them physically is absolutely, unequivocally wrong.

WoWInterface strives to be an open, welcoming place for all to come get help with creating and to discuss their favorite addons. It will remain that way. If anything like this should happen on our site - by ANYONE - it will not be tolerated. Overboard rudeness will be dealt with. Anything beyond that, the user will be banned. This thread is now closed. Let this be a lesson in etiquette.

(GD, I feel like I'm lecturing my students...)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 08-26-17 at 04:56 PM. Reason: added spanish translation