View Single Post
06-24-20, 09:11 PM   #10
Walkerbo
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi All

Thanks for the further help, however, I am still stuck.

Kusya12 your comment indicates that you did manage to send an icon to general chat; how did you get it to work?

I have tried all of the following statements without success,
Lua Code:
  1. local chatString = C_ChatInfo.ReplaceIconAndGroupExpressions({rt8})
  2. local chatString = C_ChatInfo.ReplaceIconAndGroupExpressions("{rt8}")
  3. local chatString = C_ChatInfo.ReplaceIconAndGroupExpressions("\124{rt8}\124")
  5. local chatString = C_ChatInfo.ReplaceIconAndGroupExpressions(Interface\\TargetingFrame\\UI-RaidTargetingIcon_8.png)
  6. local chatString = C_ChatInfo.ReplaceIconAndGroupExpressions("Interface\\TargetingFrame\\UI-RaidTargetingIcon_8.png")
  7. local chatString = C_ChatInfo.ReplaceIconAndGroupExpressions("\124Interface\\TargetingFrame\\UI-RaidTargetingIcon_8.png\124")
  9. local chatString = C_ChatInfo.ReplaceIconAndGroupExpressions(Interface\\TargetingFrame\\UI-RaidTargetingIcon_8)
  10. local chatString = C_ChatInfo.ReplaceIconAndGroupExpressions("Interface\\TargetingFrame\\UI-RaidTargetingIcon_8")
  11. local chatString = C_ChatInfo.ReplaceIconAndGroupExpressions("\124Interface\\TargetingFrame\\UI-RaidTargetingIcon_8\124")
I am just not making the connection, and it is probably just a simple mistake that is confounding me.

Any further help and advice would be great.