Gandoch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by littlebuddha79 View Post
You do NOT need full epics to kill a lvl 73 elite
And I said as much.
you do not need full epics to have you gear considered "not terrible"
Yes, you do. Full epics doesn't require a lot of raiding anymore. Hell, it doesn't require raiding at all. With the advent of Heroics and MASSIVE AMOUNTS of PvP gear you can get full epics just by... what was it, oh yeah, playing. Just like everyone else. I understand he was only 70 for two days, but if you aren't in full epics and your gear is easily replaced by simply running 5 mans and battlegrounds... it's bad. I don't know how else to put that.
I'm not big on raiding (mostly due to the proliferation of attitudes like this), but I have been in Kara once and cleared the 1st boss.
Well aren't you the authority on raiding, then.
At the time I was a MM/SV Hunter with most of my points in MM and SV to get improved traps. Me and another hunter in the raid were passing a mob back and forth in freezing traps to keep it out of the fight throughout all the pulls up to the boss, so I wasn't DPSing the entire time, and I still got TOP DPS in a raid full of players with full epics. All I had was 4 pieces of the Stalker Set(Blue) a couple other random blues from Auchidon, the PVP Crossbow and the lvl 62 engineering goggles(the only 2 purples I had). I'll admit that there were one or two others in the group that were fairly new to raiding as well but all had more experience than I did, and I still out DPS'd everyone there.
I'm pretty sure I never said that good gear makes a good player, I said people generally assume people with bad gear are inexperienced. Having epics clearly didn't stop anyone in "that group you ran Kara with that one time" from being horrible.

Gear doesn't make the player, but if you don't understand that it helps and that your character is limited by their stats, I don't know what to tell you.

Phanx: Thanks for not being an imbecile.