View Single Post
08-12-13, 08:26 PM   #12
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ravagernl View Post
If you want even more customization you could check out Ion.
I would not recommend Ion to anyone who isn't already using it, sadly. I used its predecessor (Macaroon) for many years and it was by far the best action bar addon out there, but the author chose to rewrite it from scratch for MoP, and though that rewrite (Ion) is functional at a basic level, it's still missing many addon features most users would consider critical -- such the ability to use different bar layouts or key bindings on different characters -- and many portions of the configuration UI are likewise incomplete. Given that its author has never made any kind of official statement about the addon's future, and the only updates are from third parties pushing critical bugfixes or TOC updates, I'm not hopeful that it has a future.

Bartender4 or Dominos are better options for 99.9999% of users, and I'd definitely second the suggestion to check out OPie -- it already does the "pop up rings of actions" you're looking for, so if you can get your controller button mapping right, you'd pretty much be set.