View Single Post
08-27-08, 05:44 AM   #14
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't look at ratings when searching for mods. Imho votes and ratings are useless. Even if a rating is meaningful (is a mod really "good" if 100 users vote "good" and 5000 users who hate the mod and didn't turned back to the mod's page to vote "bad"?) this means not that I'll like the mod.

What I would consider as helpful is a "mod review" service. On person or a explicit group of persons which will do a short and consistent review of every new and/or updated mod and provide a shot statement for it (function, pros and cons ... maybe compared to similar mods ... stuff like that).
A "review" like that means I don't have to test every mod myself AND I have consistent informations/rating for every mod.
Of course the review would be subjective and prejudiced. No one is absolutely neutral I guess. But at least it will be "consistently subjective". And I would have more than just a number or 1 to 5 stars or similar stuff.

Abstract
- Any kind of a simple rating is useless.
- Need a review service for new/updates mod's.

[edit]
It's quite plain to me that this implies a lot of work for someone. But imho it's the only thing that would be really useful. (And it's something that would clearly set wowinterface apart from other ui sites imho *g*)

Last edited by Duugu : 08-27-08 at 05:50 AM.