Thread: HealMeNow!
View Single Post
08-25-08, 09:57 AM   #3
SeiferTim
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So, I think I need to break this down into several bite-sized pieces...

First:
A button that can cast a spell/use an item. I'm sure this is simple enough, but I just haven't done it before.

Second:
A way to find out which spells a player knows that can heal, and which items they have on them that can heal them. Build a list of these items, and come up with some values for them based on healing amount, cast time, etc.

Third:
Determine if the player is in or out of combat at a given time, and switch between two different modes - if in combat, look for the fastest possible healing, if out of combat, look at the most effective.

Fourth:
Give the player some settings:
  • Option to Enable/Disable addon.
  • Option to Use/Not use Spells.
  • Option to Use/Not use Potions.
  • Option to Use/Not use Bandages.
  • Option to define different modifier keys to change the functionality of the button - for instance, ALT could force "Speed" casting, CTRL could force using an Item, etc.
  • Option to set Hotkey for the button.

#2 is definately going to be the hardest, and I'm really not sure how I'm going to do it yet...

#1 looks like it should be simple, but I'm not sure where to start with making a simple, draggable button (similar to Coconuts or something). Are there any tutorials, or simple examples for doing that somewhere?