View Single Post
12-14-10, 05:22 PM   #39
djGrrr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Unloading Carbonite does not mean it is Carbonite, since unloading it requires logging out and back in, which reloads the world and all addons.

Is "Display Lua Errors" checked in the Help page of the game Interface options? It needs to be on or when addon errors happen you may get lag without knowing why.

If we saw serious bugs like that we would be fixing them. I spent about 4 hours last night testing beta 4 by leveling my rogue from 80 to 81. I did 51 quests in Vashj'ir. There was no lag. Common bugs are easy to spot, because many people will post about them. See how many people posted about chat spam or missing quest areas? A lot. Your bug could easily be caused by a rare combination of game, addon and OS settings.

I would:

1 Reboot the computer.
2 Delete the Cache folder.
3 Rename WTF to WTFold.
4 Delete all Carbonite folders in Inteface\Addons. Download and install the latest Carbonite version again.
5 Disable all addons except Carbonite.
6 Play and see what happens.

Also try typing /reload if you see the problem and see if that reduces it.
u don't need to logout to unload carbonite, an addon such as addon control panel can do that with a simple reload ui, and after running for a while, if i switch it off then reload ui, the problem goes away, if i don't turn it off, and reload ui with carbonite the problem stays. also, i seriously doubt the issue would even be noticable if i unloaded all other addons, for 1, i can't even do any kind of combat without addons because the builtin ui is so crap, 2, i have a lot of addons and i'm sure they do add some load, and without them its probably going to take a LOT longer to find any issue because other addons are not taking up any resources. but as i've stated, the issue only pops up if carbonite is loaded, and from many other forum posts on the issue i think it can't be that un-common