Thread: Carbonite 5.0
View Single Post
09-24-12, 08:03 PM   #110
Destructor2012
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My 2 cents...I see the author(s) posted an update. That's good. What's bad about it is not bothering to answer about whether there would be an update for MOP or not. If they didn't know, all they had to say was "I don't know." I understand real life takes precedence and all of that, but if you're so busy that you can't even spare a couple minutes to post a simple status update, then perhaps it's best if you relinquish the project to someone else. I get that it's your addon, your code, etc., but like I said, since you apparently do not have the time to properly maintain it and respond to bug reports, feature requests, etc. and by your own admission do not play WoW anymore, then it should be passed off to someone else. A lot of the great addons over the years have gone through similar situations, so it's not like this would be the first one for that to happen to. If you want to keep the addon up to date and maintain it and respond to the community, great, but if you can't do all of those things, then pass it off or simply let the project die and something better will come along eventually, like with many other former addons. Cartographer is a good example of this.