View Single Post
03-30-16, 08:34 PM   #7
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by syncrow View Post
[list][*]Personally, i would prefer the first design choice, it looks more compact rather than super long actionbars (12 vs. 24)
Heheh, well, that's not so much as a design choice as it is how the bottom frame sizes itself dynamically! Actually rather happy with how that turned out, it honestly made the designer part of me incredibly giddy to see it in action the first time.

I thought at one point about a 2x12 for the bottom bars, but that'd quickly translate to a 3x12 with the main bar and that was an immediate no. It's not compact enough for that. Though speaking of compact, rescaling the action bars as a whole would probably be an idea. Smaller buttons, larger hotkeys, save some screen space that way. It does actually work though, at least personally I feel like it does; looking down to check the action bars and finding them right below the character really feels more... I don't know, direct? I can look at the character and still make out the cooldown spin, button glows, and so forth, and when I glance down at that bar I still have the character clearly in view. Which is pretty much what I wanted.

Though the individual elements could definitely be a little bit more compact. Definitely.

And shrinking the portraits a bit? You've... proooooobably got a point there actually, heh! Can't remember if they used to be bigger or smaller in all the iterations of that texture, but they probably do look a bit end-heavy. They could be smaller, so they don't claim tons of space.