View Single Post
09-23-12, 02:14 AM   #1
globalduck1313
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
would someone like to explain to me....

why the heck my post ltitled OA's MIA was deleted completely?.....I thought I was within the rules.

I would like someone to tell me why the F&*K my post was removed?.....for reminding everyone of all the money that Carbonite made when it was a lite version for free and a paid version?....or maybe for pointing out that carbonite was built using other peoples codebases?.......or for reminding everyone that Addons are supposed to be open source?.....or maybe for reminding peeps that even blizz decided to change addon policy because of the paid version?

whatever...i've been a loyal long time user of carbonite and WOWI, but this is ridiculous.....censorship because I made valid points?...I don't believe it was WOWI mods but rather the addon authors themselves who removed it cuz of the truth in my post

Either assign someone (rythal would be a great choice) to maintain this addon or just let it die already.......

but apparently the OA's just don't want people to be reminded that Carbonite borrowed heavily from Cartographer and other quests mods....yeah I said it....in essence they borrowed but did NOT compensate the authors they "borrowed" from...and yet they bitch and are quick to point out its a violation of their copyright..................true story

screw em I could care less if they decide to sue me or whatever.....their violation of copyright would just be laughed at.......once again INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CANNOT BE COPYRIGHTED......only a name...like Carbonite

I respect Rythal for taking the initiative, at least he doesnt give a **** if we donate or not, and yet the OA's are clearly focusing on copyright issues when in fact they should realize that, by assigning someone to maintain this addon officially they will continue to make money.....

some people are just assclowns