View Single Post
06-01-16, 03:35 PM   #1
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Post A request on behalf of Carbonite users

I recently read a comment on Carbonite Maps’ Curse page rudely stating that Carbonite is the most “user-UNfriendly addon”(commenter’s words). This person then proceeded to express disappointment in Carbonite since installing the quest module didn’t rectify his/her problem. Other people also commented asking if Carbonite was still being maintained.

I understand that Legion beta is out and as of the last issue before my most recent post on Github Rythal had not yet gained access to Legion beta which would help him decide what needs to be done to update Carbonite for Legion. I understand this completely and hope that Rythal and/or a member of the team will get access soon to help decide the future of Carbonite.

However based on the comments on Curse, not being able to see the quests in Carbonite appears to be a major issue. So I would like to ask if it would be unreasonable to suggest that the latest development updates including my latest pull request be pushed to the master and updated on Curse and the other places where Carbonite is hosted.

I believe this would help people see that for now Carbonite is still in development. It would also give users and us an opportunity to see if latest updates to Carbonite will work as intended.

Finally on a side note, some of the comments on Curse ask about getting Carbonite to play nice with Handynotes, and the (new?) author refers people to Carbonite to provide a fix for that issue.

Best regards, and thank you Rythal and team for your hard work on Carbonite.

McQuire-Greymane, Emissaries of Honor

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 06-02-16 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added "author" to clarify what new.... I was referring to regarding Handynotes