View Single Post
09-24-10, 05:34 AM   #4
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
Wish people would quit saying that they "were hacked".

Their accounts weren't hacked. They were just stupid.

Glad to see Blizzard making it easier for stupid people to get their accounts back - hopefully make them smarter.
That's a tiny bit arrogant of you isn't it ?

Blaming the victim for the crime isn't it ? Like saying there's no burglary or robbery in the world today - clearly the victims asked for it by having a particular brand of lock on their door! Genius !

Tell me have you ever been hacked ? Known people that have been hacked ?

I do know people that have been hacked. I know people with extremely stringent security measures that have been hacked. I know people hired by the NSA and CIA that have been hacked. These are people that get paid to specialize in computer security. None of them were necessarily hacked for being stupid.

Sometimes its just simply having the bad luck on being lax in some aspect of their security. It doesn't make you stupid it merely means having bad luck.

Also there is no security system in the world that is 100% hacker proof. You can't guard against Zero day exploits. It is flawed reasoning to say everyone who gets hacked is stupid.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 09-24-10 at 05:54 AM.