View Single Post
11-08-08, 11:22 PM   #9
rcdyer1984
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I might just do that.
I hope you do.

So the text "ReadMe" isn't a hint? Don't assume!
In all honesty, no it isn't. It is obviously of great importance to you that people ask permission before they incorporate your skins into a compilation they upload. While this is completely understandable, if it is of such great importance, one would imagine that you would have made the knowledge a bit more noticable. I think we can both agree that when installing add-ons, nobody generally reads the readme texts unless they are having technical difficulties.
I hardly think you could argue that. So, if you would demand of every single person who used a skin of yours to ask permission before uploading their ui for others to be inspired by, then may I ask, what difference does it make? Are you ever going to tell someone no? I hardly doubt it. And if that were the case, what is the difference between you telling everyone yes and them just giving you credit for the work in their upload? I really don't see your logic in this.

Because I stated specifically that they're not to be included without permission. That's enough reason, IMO. Like I said, I'm not trying to be an ass, but the least people could do is ask permission first. That's all.
It doesn't matter if you are trying or not, you are coming across as an ass either way. But I would imagine it is easily remedied by you simply stating on each download page that you would like people to send you a personal message asking if they can use each of your skins in their compilations. And btw, I would also imagine that its generally accepted here that giving credit where credit is due suffices rather than bothering the mod author about being able to use his/her addon. Its pretty much expected that everyone is nice enough here to allow free sharing of their work so as to easily inspire others.

Thanks.
Your welcome, sadly your attitude on the matter has discouraged me from continuing to use your skins in any of my previous or future compilations. Therefor I will now need to create my own which I will allow others to use freely.

Best of luck to you in resolving this matter how ever you see fit.

-Ish