View Single Post
11-23-18, 11:01 PM   #1
bonksnp
A Murloc Raider
First time addon author, not sure why my code isn't working

hello, I am a senior in high school doing an independent study program with my CS teacher, which basically lets us choose a project that will both look good on a future resume and further our knowledge in computer science. I chose to write an addon for wow, which would basically be a very simple DK interface to replace the blizzard one (the concept isn't to make something revolutionary or completely new, it's just to make something that you can say you did yourself without just copying someone elses' code). It's supposed to track diseases, runic power, and the cooldown on the 6 runes.

I did a fair amount of it on my own, but since this is the first project I'm doing in Lua my teacher had to help in a few places (the OOP-simulating was her idea), but after that I should be able to do everything myself.

I'm getting an error: line 208 attempt to call field 'constructor' (a nil value), not really sure why this is happening. does anyone know?

code is here https://pastebin.com/MrZAaJNU

apologies if it's not the best, I only started Lua in September and I've only been coding for a few years :P

Last edited by bonksnp : 11-23-18 at 11:10 PM.