View Single Post
09-10-12, 11:07 AM   #19
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by djGrrr View Post
Did I say anything about copyright? Did you also not notice the quotes around updating? It means that what the authors, and apparantly you call updating, is a half asses bandage on a gaping wound.
Let me ask you a question... Do you remember Microsoft ME (Millennium edition) or Vista? Those all had "updates" - a huge company with more resources than just about any other. Yet, what they did for those two primary OS's - were bandages on a gaping wound. The fact that Carbonite doesn't get funding to support them continually updating and tweaking it makes perfect sense to me as to why they would band aid it up until such a time as there is no more want for it because someone else has created something better.

A software update, by definition, is changing the code to work better or add in a feature. Even if it's just to remove messages - those are updates. If you feel you need to complain about the lack of updates, no one here is stopping you from creating a new add on yourself, distributing it to the general public, and updating it to each and every persons whim. I would love to see the people who are complaining about Carbonite attempt to put something out there for the public and jump through all the hoops they demand and still be happy and willing to provide such a work. Walk a mile in the other persons shoes...