View Single Post
03-05-10, 10:57 PM   #7
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
It's strange.. none of my addons (and I have quite a few) have had any updates since January. No bug fixes, no new features, nothing. Where did all the authors go?
Hmm what do you mean by "no updates".

How have you been updating your addons ?

I get emails about my addons. Here's my stats for addon update emails since January 1st.

From wowinterface.com : 51 emails
From wowace.com / curseforge : 37 emails
From curse gaming favorites : 0 emails

The only reason I say I haven't been getting my ones from Curse is I seem to be having password issues logging into their site to confirm my favorites list. Wowace.com is their development side so I've been getting updates for the ones on Curse anyway just not through the Curse favorites list.

Next question I wanted to ask : Do you have any really bad UI problems ? UI Errors exploding in technicolor madness all over your UI when you do certain actions ?

See I'm a lazy b*******d when it comes to updating my addons. An addon would have to consistently throw up a UI error every 5 minutes or so to get me to update it. Just ask Seerah here - I hadn't updated her tooltip addon for quite some time and the older version was bugging on me in a minor way.

Yet it's not effecting my game play in a major way at all (*) . So don't worry too much about not updating your addons in a while. Worry if it's causing major game playing breaking errors on you.

(*) Off topic here : I seem to be getting very lengthy , beachball spinning pauses when I open my crafting window with Advanced TradeSkill Window enabled and loaded.... Has there been any major updates for that one guys ? >_> <_< Guys ?

PS Wait 511 posts ? I reached ma 500th post and no one told me /sadpanda
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)