View Single Post
11-30-11, 08:52 AM   #10
schwim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Chevonne View Post
It usually takes a few days to get the kinks out. PTR never gives the devs everything they need to know to make this bestest of addons work right out of the shoot on live day. They also don't normally answer a lot of questions as it takes away from fixing the bugs. The best way to show your support and interest is to DONATE. For my money, this is the best addon for most of what you ask of the game. Yeah yeah yeah. You use this and that and whatever. If Carbonite wasn't as good as it is, Blizzard wouldn't be stealing so much of it to update their crappy UI. So pony up your appreciation. I sure will come Friday and payday.

edited for spelling errors...this cold medicine is killer. *sneeze*
Very optimistic, however judging by past big patch drops, completely wrong.

Carbonite is no longer actively developed. Every large patch, everyone visits, freaks out in the forums(and some predict the addons demise), then someone gets hold of a developer and we get a beta in a day or so, then the final in a few more.

When an early patch for cataclysm dropped, the dev posted stating that they were "taken by surprise" at it's release because they weren't playing the game but would get us an updated version. And they did.

I've taken the liberty of emailing the address of record for the carboniteaddon.com domain and hopefully we'll see an updated version in a few days.

Last edited by schwim : 11-30-11 at 08:56 AM.