View Single Post
08-23-17, 03:36 PM   #1
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Uploaded a new library for object-oriented lua programming

In my current UI pack (MayronUI Gen5), I am using a system for creating classes and encapsulating private data for instances of classes. I wanted to create a more powerful library to replace this and add a ton of new features.

In the future, I will add more classes that provide useful functionality, which can be imported using the library. I have currently made a simple List and Map object (similar to Java), but I want to add more common classes in the future, such as event handling features, etc...

About LibObjectLua
  • LibObject is a framework intended on making object-oriented programming easier for Lua developers.
  • You can create classes and call them to instantiate new instances/objects modeled from those classes.
  • You can create interfaces that enforce functions to be implemented by classes.
  • You can enforce strict typing rules to class and interface function parameters and return values.
  • Each class can inherit from at most one parent class. All classes either directly, or indirectly, inherit from the Object class.
  • There are many useful Object functions that all classes inherit and can use.
  • You can export/import classes using packages within a namespace.
  • There are many classes that can be imported from the framework, including a collections framework (similar to Java).
  • And more...

For the full documentation: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...LibObject.html

All feedback is appreciated

Last edited by Mayron : 08-24-17 at 12:15 AM.