Thread: No Quest Detail
View Single Post
07-24-16, 12:17 AM   #10
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Scorpmatt View Post
Yeah, im not sure what is up with Better Item Count. I only posted the error as it included Carbonite in it.

Any thoughts on the other part of my post?
Thanks for your reply. My theory with BetterItemCount is that it is outdated and no longer being developed since I couldn't find it anywhere. Carbonite's inclusion in the error just shows that the mods aren't playing nice together. My suggestion is to scrap BetterItemCount and find another addon that can replace it if you really like what it offers. If the author could be located, he or she would know how to fix the error on his or her end.

As far as Carbonite's lag, you can go into Carbonite's quest module options and limit what quest ranges it will load. This will help a little. If you play multiple alts, you can set up profiles for each alt in Carbonite. If you do this, don't let Carbonite reload your UI when setting profiles. It will reset Carbonite to its default settings. Just cancel out of the reload popup and log out/log in manually to get the profile to stick.

In my experience as one with a low-end computer who uses all but one of the modules, the logon lag isn't as bad for me as before the patch after adjusting my graphics settings and removing several other addons I never really used much.

I wish I could give you a better answer for dealing with the lag on login, but for what Carbonite offers I believe it is worth the wait.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Thrumbar for confirming that.

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 07-24-16 at 12:18 AM. Reason: added thanks to Thrumbar