View Single Post
06-30-18, 08:07 AM   #2
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's a thing with libs in BfA, I guess. With dozens of addons all having the same libs included and all loading them, they used to ignore it, and now they throw an error.
You'd have to have the lib loaded as its own addon, and not have them included in the other addons anymore. Then only one instance of it exists and loads.
I'd also recommend adding a ! at the front of its name, to hopefully ensure it will load before any of your other addons.

It's a little bit user-non-friendly, if they don't change that behavior for release, though I guess a restructure of addon managers to have libraries as separate addons + having them automatically downloaded when an addon uses them as dependency could be done. But then I'm not sure how well it would handle addons that rely on older versions of libraries (if all addons work fine even with updated libraries then that's not a problem; I just seem to recall instances where an addon was relying on behavior from an older version of one of its libraries that was changed in an update, or something...)

If I understand the situation correctly, at least...