View Single Post
11-23-05, 11:49 PM   #15
sacha
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The CTAChannel

I recently saw a few posts on various forums indicating that CTA was creating a lot of spam on the user's chat window. Its been a while since I saw this problem posted here so it had slipped out of my concern.

So, for the newer users, I am just posting a reminder that the CTAChannel was never meant to be visible to the user. If you can see CTA spam in your chat, then uncheck the CTAChannel in your chat options. Optionally, you can also hide the LFG channel, since CTA will still monitor the messages even if they are hidden.

You can refer to this screenshot for an illustration: http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8040/channels1dl.jpg

Note that 'hiding' a channel is not 'leaving' it. Essentially, by having a channel listed in your chat options, you are already receiving messages from that channel. By checking/unchecking the channels in your chat options, you are only determing which channel messages will be displayed in your chat window. I will add this information to the readme file in the next release if it is not already there.

If you still get CTA spam after hiding the CTAChannel, see if disabling any chat-oriented mods stop the problem and let me know what happens.

Cheers