View Single Post
07-30-10, 06:22 AM   #32
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While testing for another ongoing chat frame problem I noticed that Prat in conjunction with my chat frame addons gets messed up and creates opening chat frames I had previously closed. Now my addons test for shown/docked status in the same way as blizzard and the extra check I use to keep my own addons from using each others chat frames but unfortunately I can't change Prat to do the same thing.

However, in light of the other problem I mentioned, Scott is changing the main chatframes set up to not change things once Prat starts doing its stuff. It may solve your problem. It may not.

As to my being able to stop the extra windows from being created I cannot. My addons only create 1 frame per addon.

nUI_InfoPanel_Whispers and nUI_InfoPanel_GuildChat generate new windows that are not docked or shown or used by any other nUI_InfoPanel chat addon. On logout it releases the frame in the same way the blizzard ones do when you right click the tab, select unlock then select close. That marks it as not docked and not shown and thus an unused frame. Somewhere along the line though Prat seems to think it needs to be loaded. Whether it is because they are only tracking what blizzard does and not what happens to the frame itself I don't know.

All I can do to rectify this is not allow the addon to be used with Prat which would be unfortunate as I know alot of people like to use it. I actually stopped using it when the new real ID stuff came out as it caused more problems than the one little thing I used it for ... font changing.

However, I will try and see if I can figure out what Prat does to the frames and see if I can identify the cause of the problem.

This is the other thread regarding chat frame issues.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=33966

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818