View Single Post
08-15-13, 10:48 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Issues with maps, poi naming, etc.

I'm trying to use Carbonite with the mini-map merged into the Carbonite map. I have problems and a couple of questions. The picture I attached explains it all, more or less. And, yes... I'm using the latest Beta/Alpha2 release as of Aug 15, 2013.

Issues:
(1) POI icons on the maps are no longer named according to what they represent (such as "Anvil"). They are now named after the NPC employ who is standing there! Are we expected to become personally familiar with each NPC by remembering their personal names? When I move my cursor over an Auctioneer icon, it doesn't say "Auctioneer", although it used to. I really don't care about who the Auctioneer employees are! The same goes for every other POI icon in the game.

(2) Why doesn't the merged mini-map have a transparent background? It's a solid black square which covers up important map info underneath it. It's black throughout the entire city of Dalaran, not just indoors. And, I cannot use my cursor over the icons within that black square to get popup info on the icons, let alone setting a [CTRL-Click] waypoint arrow (path) from within that black area.

Is there some HOT KEY METHOD I can use to quickly "hide" the merged mini-map? I know that while out in the field, the quest area blobs (colored areas) can sometimes be hidden by pressing the [Shift] key. But, that doesn't work on the mini-map.

Is this something being worked on, or else is there some configuration option in the Carbonite settings that I can change? As it is, it's unworkable, unless I un-merge the mini-map and go back to using the default Blizzard view of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map blobs and poi names.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	562.5 KB
ID:	7808