View Single Post
08-30-12, 09:36 AM   #320
kiingz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
To be honest, I'm happy that it's a controversial and disliked change - if less people who hate it use the addon then I've got less people I need to somehow please - I'm the sort of guy who'd prefer ten users over a thousand
I think one of the problems is at first it can be a little confusing, it took me longer than I'd like to admit to find where to stop the text auras from greeting me, long enough to feel stupid afterwards.

I really (<--- triple formatting for emphasis) like the ability to group multiple displays under one aura, whole thing looks a lot tidier.

I might re-implement the option in the future - I'd also want to improve it so that you could possibly load/unload auras and displays based upon trigger events. So you could have an aura dedicated to Dragon Soul bosses that'd only activate while in the raid itself - outside of the raid it'd be unloaded.
I've been looking for a zone check on auras for awhile, I do hope this makes it in

That's sort of outside my realm of control - we use the built-in color picker that WoW provides. We could modify it, but then we'd break any other addons that are explicitly designed for such purposes.
My knowledge on this is pretty much naught so this might not make any sense.
Is it possible to add just a plain RBG/Hex input field keep and it separate from the existing picker, kinda like an "either / or" setup. That way you wouldn't need to modify the built in one or build your own, it's easy enough for users to find color codes on the internet themselves.

Mmmaybe?
=D

Last edited by kiingz : 08-31-12 at 02:25 AM.