View Single Post
06-15-10, 01:38 PM   #4
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as I know you can still get the camera DISTANCE in 3.3.5, and otherwise you can hack it in such a way that you manually set it, make sure the camera distance is always on the maximum and replace the scroll functions with functions that change the max camera distance instead.

What I basicly want is when you face directly at a house, the point will float in the middle of the screen(note that I'm completely ignoring the Z axis in this whole project, I'm not interested in it), and when you "keyboard-turn" to the right the point will move to the left of the screen at the exact same speed as the house does in the WorldFrame. This is just a matter of getting the right FOV coëfficient right? And camera distance DOES matter(although not a lot), just do this little experiment:

Move your face really close to the screen and turn your head to the right until you can't see the screen anymore. Now roughly estimate the angle you turned and remember it. Now move a few meters from the screen and do the same, you will note a difference.

SOMETHING I NOTED WHILE WRITING THIS POST:
Forget what I said about camera distance mattering, it only matters if the object were talking about has a certain width, which a POINT does not have.