View Single Post
12-18-09, 07:30 PM   #22
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
So basicly if the Minion returns "add 1 to the usercounter of <addonname>" when someone installs an addon and "remove 1 to the usercounter of <addonname>" when someone deinstalls the addon, it's violating privacy?

I think if that's violating privacy you should stop using the internet, because (nearly) every website/server has user statistics that know even more about you than the above system will ever will(IP, OS, browser).

Yeah, so what's your point? Sure, this website can get the information, but not the general public.

Originally Posted by dynasoft
The cool thing about this graphic is that when people see it, they think their private information (like their city or IP address) is being publicly shown on your Myspace background, layout, blog, or forum, and they think that other people can see their private info! Their first thought is, "hey, how did my IP address get on this website?!", or "why is this website telling people where are live?!" In reality, they are the only one that can see their private info, because the graphic is created in real-time for each person who sees is. When you see the graphic, you will see your IP. When others see the graphic, they will see their IP.

Last edited by Yhor : 12-18-09 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Dropped a line of my opinion. Not relevant.