View Single Post
04-30-09, 02:58 PM   #12
Nocturna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
The Carbonite map is never called a minimap. Blizzard calls their radar map the minimap. Doing so to ours would be confusing. Small or large, our map is the same map, just with a different size and location.

The Carbonite small map position/size may be off screen, tiny, under another frame or it is set as being hidden. Is "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed" checked on the Map page of the Options window? You can also press M, then right click the map window border or title and select "Reset Layout".
Excellent, concise information! Thank you! I just went in-game, pressed M to toggle the Carbonite map, right-clicked the top border and clicked Reset Configuration- and got the small Carbonite map right where it is supposed to be!

Unfortunately, pressing M again produces the maximized map, pressing it again hides both maps, and pressing it a 3rd time just gives me the big map again- there is apparently NO way to get the small map to come up OTHER than toggling the big map with M, then "Reset Configuration," which is a clunky way to do it at best, and too time-consuming and tedious to do on a regular basis every time I want the small map. So I have lost the cool and effective functionality I want and had before- M once for the small map, M again for the large map, and the third M drops the large map back to the small map.

"Is 'Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed' checked on the Map page of the Options window?" Yes, it is- that's what I want the maximized map to do when it is open and I press M: I want it go away. Whether that means "close" "dock" or "hide," I have no clue. But I'll go play with that option to see if I can get the M key to act like it used to act with previous releases.

I will go back in-game and play with all the options one at a time until I get what I used to have, or die of frustration and/or boredom. I wish there were some "plain English" translation of what each option actually does. Telling me "Dock this or Hide that" is confusing to my non-tech-guru brain because I don't understand the *precise* meaning of the terminology used in the option text or the tooltips- it seems that understanding these terms requires a fore-knowledge of how the addon works, and I don't have that knowledge.

Thanks again for your response, at least I have the beginning of a clue where to look and what to spend hours fiddling with. Plus, I can get my small map to show up now, even though the "Reset Config" process is less than convenient.

Last edited by Nocturna : 04-30-09 at 03:05 PM.