View Single Post
09-10-09, 07:57 AM   #14
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
If the majority of the player base stays this way after Cataclysm has come out and "simplified" the stats for the people who don't want to do their homework and still want to act like elitists, I'm quitting. I'm so tired of doing the research and time to be good at my class only to have a game full of baddies keep me from getting anywhere in the end content.
With stats being simplified in 4.0, I'm actually releaved. I think it will help getting players that know what they do, but "don't have the gear" actually find a group, or at least less trouble.

I'd recommend telling people your DPS instead of just your stats, they obviously don't have a clue about your class if they think spell power is all that matters. Yes, it matters most if you are hit capped.
If they still want to know your stats, only tell them if you are confident that they will understand. You can actually see if the player is mature and will understand you just if he uses full sentences and/or uses correct punctuation. It works like that for me.
If you don't tell them your stats because you don't feel confident about it, and you're not invited, then they will just have to cope missing a water vendor . Make a funny joke about it, or challenge them to something, it might make them invite you anyway :P